- Dr. Aashish Mahuvakar M. D. , D. PED. Read More
Center Of Excellence
- Arthroscopy/Sports Injury
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nephrology/Dialysis Kidney Transplant
- Neuro Science Department
- Neuro Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery
Paediatrics and Neonatology
Children are the foundation of our future, and to ensure that they enjoy a healthy life in future, it is important that their health is monitored right from childhood.
Children require special medical treatment that is very much different from the adults. Taking this into consideration, in late 1800, a special medical branch of medicine was developed for the children. This science is focused at providing special care and attention for the health and wellbeing of the children. The branch of paediatrics offers treatment for diseases and associated disorders in children, with astute observation and well-timed interventions.
Child specialists (paediatricians) are the doctors trained in paediatric diseases. The paediatricians are equally involved in the wellbeing, growth and development of children. Young children are usually not able to communicate their problems; however, the team of experts at Shalby Hospital communicates about the medical problems with the patient so as to offer effective treatment.
The invention of vaccines has proved to be the most effective medical intervention for paediatrics. This has resulted in saving the lives of millions of children across the globe. The recent advancements in science have discovered new vaccinations to deal with the incurable or deadly diseases causing death or disability among children. The introduction of vaccination has resulted in eradication of dangerous diseases such as Small POX, Diphtheria, Poliomyelitis, and Tuberculosis.
The team of expert paediatricians at Shalby Hospitals provide the latest and most effective treatment and vaccinations. We conduct a regular vaccination programme through our outpatient department, where the children are vaccinated and monitored for their growth and development.Department of Neonatology
Neonatology is a fast developing and highly specialized branch which deals with not only the normal babies but also premature babies (babies born before 37 seven weeks of pregnancy) with low birth weight (less than 2.5 KG).
At Shalby Hospital, we have well-equipped and established ‘Neonatology’ unit. This unit specialises in Neonatal Ventilation and management of extremely low birth weight babies. The Neonatal Department along with Obstetrics unit & Gynaecology unit, provide Ante-natal care as well Post-natal care.
Besides the advanced neonatal care, the department of paediatrics at Shalby Hospital also provides the comprehensive care for children of all ages. Our services include regular outpatient department (OPD), Vaccination OPD, Admission facility, as well as emergency care.
Shalby runs three paediatric specialty clinics…
- Paediatric allergy & asthma and respiratory disorder clinic
- Paediatric adolescent clinic
- Paediatric obesity clinic
These clinics are run by highly qualified and trained paediatricians who have thorough experience of treating a wide range of paediatrics and neonatal issues. Children require immediate attention and help, consult the team of experts at Shalby Hospital for immediate attention.
- Daily Paediatric OPD services
- 24 hr. emergency services including consultation with specialists
- World-class management of acute childhood diseases including:
Acute diarrhoeal diseases
Other acute infectious diseases
- Diagnosis and management of chronic childhood disorders including:
Congenital and acquired heart diseases
- Treatment for Neonatal problems including:
Neural tube diseases
- Daily Vaccination Services
- Paediatric Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Respiratory Clinic, Paediatric Adolescent clinic, and Paediatric Obesity Clinic
- “Tertiary level Obstetrics and Neonatal Unit which deals with:
High risk pregnancy
Small babies for the gestational age(IUGR)”
- “Fully equipped Neonatal department to manage patients of:
Hyaline membrane disease
Neonatal surgical issues and emergencies
Other related Neonatal diseases