Center Of Excellence
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Cosmetic and Aesthetic
- Dental Cosmetic and Implantology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- ENT Surgery
- Gastroentero Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hair Transplant
- Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplant
- Hip Joint Replacement
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility and IVF
- Intensive and Critical Care
- Knee Joint Replacement
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology and Glaucoma
- Orthopaedic and Trauma
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Pathology And Microbiology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonology and Chest
- Radiology and Imaging
- Spine Surgery
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
This branch of medical science not only caters to the patients with diseases of the female genital tract but also deals with the normal physiology and sexual development of a girl into a woman. The transition period of a girl into a woman is called adolescent period. Adolescence is the period of frequent physical and sexual growth involving psychological, emotional, and gynecological problems, menstruation, and pain in lower abdominal part.
- Counseling and guidance about conception and contraception
- Care of a woman during antenatal period (before labor) and antenatal parent crafts
- Postnatal and lactation period (post delivery period)
- Pri-menopausal and post-menopausal periods of woman’s life
- Screening of Breast cancer
- Screening of Genital tract cancers
- Facility of vaccination for the prevention of certain cancers of female genital tract
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Department at Shalby Hospitals has established ‘Evening Super Specialty Clinics’ for providing...
- Well Woman Clinic including Menopause and life beyond
- Infertility and IVF Clinic
- Menopausal Clinic and Hormonal replacement therapy
- Adolescent Clinic for adolescent girls
All these clinics are the places wherein a woman can step in comfortably and consult the experts for getting all health related problems sorted. It’s the ambience, amenities, equipment, and treatment by experts which makes Shalby stand out from the rest.
We, at Shalby Hospitals, offer preventive programs for women and for the patients with Obstetric conditions (repeated abortions, tubal pregnancy, vesicular mole, etc.), Gynecological diseases, and UTI (all menstrual irregularities, whitish discharge, bacterial and fungal infections, etc.) and people who have been suffering from recurrence of diseases for a long time.
Counseling for the patients on painless labor, and CTG monitoring is also a very crucial part of Routine OB care. Counseling for CTG, patient’s uterine contraction, and continuous monitoring of the heart rate of the baby during childbirth is also available at Shalby, as per international standards.
The expert consultants at Shalby provide the best advice as well as surgical management using modern modalities of the treatment to the patient who is suffering from any kind of gynecological problems like PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), irregular periods, obesity, and infertility.
Balloon Therapy for uterine bleeding (Thermal Balloon Ablation):
It is the most effective alternative to hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) which can be easily done at Shalby Hospitals by our expert doctors. Heavy menstrual bleeding affects 1 in every 3 women, hence treatment of heavy periods should be individualized.
Indications for Balloon Ablation:
- Patient is suffering from uterine bleeding despite no pelvic pathology, no structural, or histological abnormality of the uterus
- The bleeding has severe negative impact on a woman’s quality of life
- The patient does not want to have a baby anymore, still she desires to retain her uterus
- To preserve patient’s femininity and improve the quality of physical, emotional, social life
- Endometrial ablation is a good alternative to reduce patients’ day to day problem of bleeding
- It is also a good alternative for patients who are at high risk for surgery
Procedure and Advantages:
A Principle of the treatment is ‘thermal coagulation’ in the lining of the uterus by combined action of pressure and heat which is applied using special equipment for approximately ten minutes. It is a day-care procedure which is very less invasive and safe, requiring minimal Anesthesia. But it can be done only under sedation. This process has been clinically successful in over 95% of the patients.
Midlife (Menopause) and beyond…
By screening the symptoms of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid, liver, and kidney problems, our team of experts would guide you through the treatment part and appropriate follow-up care. The following tests and care are available at Shalby Hospitals:
- Annual mammograms for the breasts
- Colonoscopy screening to detect colon cancer. It is recommended for all women at the age of 50.
- Dexa Scan for women more than 65 years age or with risk factors for Osteoporosis. It identifies the risk of bones getting broken because of bone thinning.
- Healthy heart screening with modern modalities
- Well Woman Exam is an excellent opportunity to seek information on healthy living for women
Infertility Clinic and IVF (Test Tube Baby) treatment center:
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having regular unprotected sex. Infertility can also refer to the biological inability of an individual to contribute to conception, or to a female who cannot carry a pregnancy to full term. In many countries, infertility is defined as failure to conceive after 12 months of regular sexual intercourse without the use of contraception.
With the advancements in medical sciences, most couples can now conceive after treatment, 80% couples are successful after the one year of treatment.
IVF (In-Vitro fertilization) also called test tube baby, is the ultimate option when nothing works. Infertility due to some other causes also requires IVF and the Infertility clinic doctors at Shalby provide treatment with at most success.