What is a Dental Implant?A dental implant is an artificial tooth “root” placed in your mouth to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, denture or bridge. It is made from titanium alloy and it fuses around the jawbone serving as a root for the missing tooth. This is by far the best – if not the only long-term option for tooth replacement. Till a few decades ago, the only remedy to losing tooth was removable dentures or a fixed bridge. And we all know the trouble we have to go through to maintain them, not to mention its inherent discomforts. “Dental implants” bring along a wave of fresh air and act like a source of relief to subscribers of the dental community to look, feel and function like natural teeth.
1. Dental implant procedures have a high success rateThe success rate of dental implant procedures vary depending on the dental health of the individual, where in the jaw implants are placed and the expertise of the person who carried out the procedure. But generally, dental implants have a success rate of up to 95%!
2. Implants look, feel and function as naturalWhen it comes to appearance and feel, the only difference between dental implants and real teeth is that it is not real teeth. They are customized to look, feel and fit exactly like all the other teeth in your dental collection.
3. Implants make eating easierUnlike other dental treatment options, implants enable you to enjoy a most natural and satisfying chewing experience. You do not have to take special care when eating and they do not slide like traditional dentures do often.
4. Implants serve as a replacement for the roots of your missing toothWhen you lose a tooth, it creates a void where the root was situated. Unfortunately, most tooth replacement options only focus on replacing the crown of the teeth. Dental implants focus on the parts of the teeth that cannot be seen – namely the roots, or the sub-level.
5. Implants can help protect healthy teethWhen you lose a tooth, one of the most widely used teeth replacement options has been the dental bridge. Often times, this involves cutting of some parts of adjacent healthy teeth. Thanks to dental implants, we can now position a crown or a bridge on the dental implant itself. Other teeth do not need to suffer because of the affected one.
Shalby Hospitals is one of the best hospital for dental implants in India with a team comprising of the best dental surgeon for cosmetic dental surgery. Dr. Darshini Shah is the best dental surgeon in India and has been awarded a Diplomat by the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) USA.