What is Hernia?
A hernia is a protrusion of a structure, through an opening in the wall. The hernia has 3 parts: the orifice through which it herniates, the hernial sac, and its contents.
Types of Hernia
Hernia can be classified in a different way:
1. Congenital – by birth i.e., development disorders
2. Infantile – during infant stage due to weakness
3. Senile – due to weakness in elderly persons
4. Traumatic – due to injury or strain
Further, it can be classified as:
It can also be classified as:
1. Reducible – which get back easily to original position
2. Non-reducible – which will not get reduced due to strangulation or obstruction
Why do Hernias occur?
Hernia can occur due to strain which can increase the abdominal pressure such as
Inguinal Hernia (Complete)
Prolene Hernia System (PHS)
1. Weight lifting
2. Gaining weight
3. Chronic cough
4. Passing urine with great difficulty (enlarged prostate)
5. Straining at stool due to constipation, piles, fissure, etc.
6. Taking full and heavy meal
8. Problems occurred due to operation of stomach
9. Defect in wall since birth
PROLENE HERNIA SYSTEM
Hernial Path leading to testicle
Developed by M/s ETHICON, after years of research, the two layered mesh Prolene Hernia system - popularly known as PHS, is in the shape of a button. It is inserted at the spot of the Hernia.
The advantages of the use of PROLENE HERNIA SYSTEM (PHS) are:
The chances of repeated Hernia problems will not occur in patients operated with PROLENE Hernia system.
It is a tissue tension free repair which provides early recovery.
Hospitalization is only for a day for patients operated with PROLENE Hernia system.
Patient can be operated under local anesthesia.
Patient can resume all work after few hours of surgery.
There are no stitches and so there is no need of dressing.
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
AREAS OF INTEREST
We at Shalby Hospitals believe in making available High Quality, expert healthcare to people across the world by inventing, adapting and imbibing World's Best technologies and practices. Providing Total Health Care under one roof at most affordable costs has been our passion which helped us establishing a chain of multi-specialty hospitals and vibrant OPD Centres across India and in many parts of the world. Shalby today enjoys a place of pride in the Medical Tourism Map of India as a favoured destination. Our journey continues in tandem with our mission of providing enduring health solutions and our hospital chain built around this philosophy shall outlive the expectations of our valued patients, worldwide.
|SG Shalby , Ahmedabad||079-40203000|
|Krishna Shalby , Ahmedabad||+91-98250 22554|
|Vijay Shalby , Ahmedabad||079-27910700|
|Shalby Silver Oaks , Mohali||+91 172 5094125|