Department of Ophthalmology (Eye Medicine)
Department of Ophthalmology at Shalby Hospitals offers comprehensive eye care solutions in the following areas
- Basic Evaluation – Eye Check
- Cataract Surgery & Management – Micro Incision Cataract Surgery by Phaco-Emulsification with Premium IOL’s / Multifocal IOL’s options
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Glaucoma Management
- Refractive Procedures (Vision Correction / Removal of spectacles)
- Lasik Surgery for removal of glasses with wave-front technology
- Computerised vision testing
- Contact Lenses
Technology in Eye Care
- 5 Step Magnification Slit Lamp unit with applanation tonometer
- Canon Auto Ref
- Alcon Occuscan Rxp – A – Scan with pachymeter
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Fundas Examination by 78D lens
When to get your eye checked? - Being able to see clearly is a blessing
Vision is a precious gift of nature to the mankind. With healthy eyes we can see our surroundings, enjoy the people around us, and even glimpse our own features in the mirror. Although people with dimmed or no vision manage very well, being able to see clearly is a wonderful asset in life.
If you're beginning to wonder if it's time for a vision examination, here are some points to consider that may help you make that decision:
- Written words are fuzzier than they used to be.
- If newspapers, books, and letters are a little less clear than before, it may be time to have your eyes checked. Aging vision, called presbyopia, can result in a setting of the pupil so that eyes become less flexible than before.
- You have to hold printed material closer to you or further away than before. This is another indication that your eyes may be more rigid in the way they admit light and adjust your vision process. If you find this is happening routinely, or even from time to time, schedule an eye exam to find out what is causing the problem.
- You are experiencing blurred, faint, or double vision. These symptoms may indicate vision problems or an underlying medical condition, such as diabetes, that warrants a medical checkup.
- You may note physical changes in your eyes. If they water excessively, or are extra dry, or perhaps look reddish on the lids or rims, you may have a skin or vision condition that requires treatment by over the counter medications, like eye drops. Or you may need an antibiotic for an inflammation or infection, like conjunctivitis or pink eye. Sometimes eye strain can result in these symptoms as well, so get an eye checkup to find out what is going on.
- You are aged forty-five or older. As we move towards middle age, it is a good idea to get an overall body exam, including vision. Our bodies go through many changes over the years, and vision may be impacted by some of these adjustments. Even if you are seeing just fine, get your eyes checked to catch early indications of glaucoma, cataracts, or other eye conditions or diseases.
Never take your vision for granted. Protect it carefully by getting your eyes checked for any of the above reasons, or at any time you feel that an examination is warranted. If in doubt, ask your doctor or another medical professional.
- Day-care Sx
- Latest Phaco machine from USA Alcon M/s from Leica switzerland
- No injection in eye before surgery
- Accurate IOL measurement from latest 'A' scan machine from Alcon
- Only premium IOL's like:
- Monofocal:Distant vixion clears
- Tonic : Cylinder no goes off.
- Multifocal: Distance + Near vision (Practically no glasses)
- No pad or patch in eye
- Smallest possible Incision(Microineirion), (2.2 mm), (helpful in Diabetic Pts)
- Recovery healing is fast.
- Complete Eye-care with computerized check up for glasses
- 24x7 Emergency services for eye trauma (ball, stone ,chemical injuries etc)
- Management of Eye & Lid infections, allergy & other eye diseases
- Management of Eye disorders associated with Diabetes, Hypertension, Arthritis, Thyroid & other systemic diseases
- Management of Cornea, ocular surface & dry eye disorders
- Management of Pediatric (child) eye diseases (lazy eye etc)
- Assessment of Squint & lazy eye; and squint correction surgery
- Phacoemulsification (Stitch less cataract removal surgery) with most advanced ALCON phacomachine & intraocular lens (IOL) implantation
- Cornea & Ocular surface eye transplants
- Glaucoma Screening and treatment
- Slit lamp microscopy with Biomicroscopy
- Applanation & Schiotz tonometry
- Streak Retinoscopy
- Auto refracotometer and Keratometer
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- A scan biometry with Pachymetry
- Stereopsis and squint evaluation instruments
- Phacoemulsification Machine (Alcon)
- Microscope (Zeiss)
- Glaucoma Specialist
Looking for Eye Hospital in Ahmedabad? Shalby Hospital provides Glaucoma Surgery, Treatment, Laser Treatment, Eye Surgery, Cataract Surgery, Eye Itching,Eye Allergy in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India