Weight Loss Surgery
“LOOSE WEIGHT, GAIN HEALTH” Any type of Obesity, however mild, is a risk factor that can aggravate into life threatening conditions. Obesity beyond a particular level is called Morbid Obesity, because it reduces the affected person’s life span, increases the person’s risk of premature death and greatly reduces quality of life. Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) is the option in such cases of morbid obesity through surgery on the stomach and/or intestines to help a person to lose weight.
Risks of Morbid Obesity Morbidly obese people have an extremely high risk of suffering from:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Reflux Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Gall Stones
- Heart Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Lipid abnormalities
- Certain cancers
- Joint Problems
- Menstrual Disorders
- Reduced mobility
- Reduced life expectancy
At Shalby Hospitals, medical professionals strive to treat medical condition and safeguard well-being of patients. Shalby has a team of experts who combine their skills and experience to help solve patient's health problems. Bariatric Surgery is the most effective modality to treat morbid obesity. Only people who suffer from morbid obesity (body mass index (BMI) higher than 40 Or BMI 35 with associated medical co-morbidities like diabetes, High blood pressures) can have bariatric procedures.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
- The benefits of this surgery are more than skin deep. Bariatric Surgery will not only help you look better but also help you feel better and healthier.
- Most patients lose at least 50 per cent of excess body weight. Most people with hypertension, High BP and/or diabetes no longer need medications.
- Improved sexual function in males.
- Reduction of periods of sleep apnea.
- Eliminates or slows the disabling effects of arthritis.
- Improved self-esteem and more energy.
Contact Shalby Hospital for Bariatric Surgery, Clinic, Weight Loss Hospital, Weight Loss Surgery, Clinic Obesity Surgery, Treatment, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.