Department of Micro-Neurosurgery
The scope of modern Neurosurgery includes brain, spine, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. With the advent of operating microscopes neurosurgeons perform complex brain surgeries which were unthinkable only a decade ago. Even gunshot wounds in the head have been operated with successful long term outcomes.
Chronic conditions like Trigeminal Neuralgia which involve lifelong medication without a hope of cure can now be cured with micro neurosurgery.
Fast growing large brain tumors in children have been successfully removed without any damage to the brain and the assurance of bright future for the child.
Complex tumors like Cavernous Sinus Meningioma in old aged people were successfully removed with minimal or no residual brain damage.
Such outcomes are possible because of the dedicated full time surgeons, nursing staff and paramedical staff in Shalby Hospitals. The staff undergoes regular training so as to be able to give optimum patient care.
- KARL ZEISS OPMI-vario model Microscope (One of the best operating microscope in the world)
- Valleylab diathermy machine
- Xenon overhead operating lights
- Maquet remote operated O.T. Table
- Post operative neurosurgery ICU back up
- World class emergency room
Micro neurosurgical Procedures
- Posterior FOSSA Tumor
- Cerebello-pontine (CP angle) angle tumors
- Pituitary tumors
- Epidermoid, dermoid tumors
- Skull base tumors
- Tumors of orbit
- Pineal gland tumors
- Nasopharyngeal tumor with intra cranial extension etc.
- Intraventricular SOL
- Intra medullar tumors
- Epidermoid – Dermoid
- Arachnoid cyst etc.
- Extra medullary intra dural tumors
Extra Dural Tumors
- Primary Neoplasm of spine
- Aneurysm? Clipping, coiling, balloon occlusion
- Arterio venous malformation
- Moya Moya Disease
- Spontaneous intracranial hemorrhage surgery (All brain hemorrhages)
- Carotid End-Arterctomy
- Carotid stenting
- Intra arterial thrombolysis
- Depressed fracture skull
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Extra dural hemorrhage
- CSF rhinorrhea
- Sub dural hemorrhage
- ICP monitoring
- Congenital malformations
- Cranio-vertebral junction anomalies
- Split cord malformation
- Craniosynostosis: Tethered Cord Syndrome
- Pediatric brain tumors
- Microvascular decompression
- Radio frequency thermocoagulation
- Glycerol / Alcohol injection
Degenerative spine disease
- Lumbar canal stenosis
- Lumbar disc disease
- Cervical Cord Compression
Shalby Hospital for Neurosurgery Hospital, Brain Tumor Surgery, Aneurysm, Head Injury, Endovascular Neurosurgery, Spine Neurosurgery, Aneurysm, Skull Base Surgery, Craniotomy in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India