Dr. Ashish Dongra
| MBBS, MD (Pediatrics), IAP
|Pediatrics and Neonatology
| Paediatrics & Neonatology
- M.B.B.S. From Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Gujarat-India
- MD (Pediatrics) From Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Gujarat-India
- IAP Fellowship in neonatology – Gold Medal (2014)
PUBMED INDEXED PUBLICATIONS
- Umbilical Venous Catheter Versus Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter in Neonates: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Dongara AR, Patel DV, Nimbalkar SM, Potana N, Nimbalkar AS. J Trop Pediatr 2017 fmw099. doi: 10.1093/tropej/fmw099
- An Educational Intervention to Improve Nurses' Understanding of Pain in Children in Western India. Dongara AR, Nimbalkar SM, Phatak AG, Patel DV, Nimbalkar AS. Pain Manag Nurs. 2017 Feb;18(1):24-32. doi: 10.1016/j.pmn.2016.10.003.
- Missed Opportunities for Sedation and Pain Management at a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, India. Kothari SY, Dongara AR, Nimbalkar SM, Phatak AG, Nimbalkar AS. Front Pediatr. 2016 Feb 23;4:7. doi: 10.3389/fped.2016.00007. eCollection 2016.
- Oral Sucrose for Pain in Neonates During Echocardiography: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Potana NT, Dongara AR, Nimbalkar SM, Patel DV, Nimbalkar AS, Phatak A. Indian Pediatr. 2015 Jun;52(6):493-7.
- Comparison of efficacy of three devices of manual positive pressure ventilation: a mannequin-based study. Nimbalkar SM, Rao P N S, Nesargi SV, Dongara AR, Bhat S. Ital J Pediatr. 2015 Mar 31;41:25. doi: 10.1186/s13052-015-0131-9.
- Usage of EMBRACE(TM) in Gujarat, India: Survey of Paediatricians. Nimbalkar S, Patel H, Dongara A, Patel DV, Bansal S. Adv Prev Med. 2014;2014:415301. doi: 10.1155/2014/415301. Epub 2014 Oct 30.
- Knowledge of and Attitudes Regarding Postoperative Pain among the Pediatric Cardiac Nursing Staff: An Indian Experience. Dongara AR, Shah SN, Nimbalkar SM, Phatak AG, Nimbalkar AS. Pain Manag Nurs. 2015 Jun;16(3):314-20. doi: 10.1016/j.pmn.2014.08.009. Epub 2014 Oct 31.
- Proficiency of residents and fellows in performing neonatal intubation. Dongara AR, Modi JJ, Nimbalkar SM, Desai RG. Indian Pediatr. 2014 Jul;51(7):561-4.
- Knowledge and attitudes regarding neonatal pain among nursing staff of pediatric department: an Indian experience. Nimbalkar AS, Dongara AR, Phatak AG, Nimbalkar SM. Pain Manag Nurs. 2014 Mar;15(1):69-75. doi: 10.1016/j.pmn.2012.06.005. Epub 2012 Aug 18.
- Reduction of neonatal pain following administration of 25% lingual dextrose: a randomized control trial. Nimbalkar S, Sinojia A, Dongara A. J Trop Pediatr. 2013 Jun;59(3):223-5. doi: 10.1093/tropej/fms072. Epub 2012 Dec 21.
- Pain in children: knowledge and perceptions of the nursing staff at a rural tertiary care teaching hospital in India. Nimbalkar AS, Dongara AR, Ganjiwale JD, Nimbalkar SM. Indian J Pediatr. 2013 Jun;80(6):470-5. doi: 10.1007/s12098-012-0848-z. Epub 2012 Jul 31.
- Presented an oral paper on Reduction of Neonatal Pain Following Administration of 25% Lingual Dextrose: A Randomized Control Trial at NEOCON 2011.
- Presented poster and won first prize on Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding Neonatal Pain Among Nursing Staff of Pediatric Department: An Indian Experience at Jamnagar Midterm Academic Meeting 2012
- Part of two Studies: 1) Reduction of Neonatal Pain Following Administration of 25% Lingual Dextrose: A Randomized Control Trial. 2) Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding Neonatal Pain Among Nursing Staff of Pediatric Department: An Indian Experience which were selected for poster presentation at PAS, Boston, 2012.
- Part of Poster entitled, Pain in Children: Knowledge and Perceptions of the Nursing Staff at a Rural Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital in India presented at Spain, 2012.
- Won Quiz on Breast Feeding conducted at SKH in 2012.
- Author of the study - PICC v/s umbilical line a randomized controlled trial. Presented as oral paper at NEOCON, Hyderabad 2013.
- Part of study presented as poster at NEOCON, 2013. 1. Knowledge and attitude of the nursing staff working at cardiac centre of SKH, Karamsad on neonatal pain. 2. Missed opportunities for neonatal pain prevention at a tertiary level NICU.
- Author of studies presented as poster at PAS, Washington, 2013 1. Efficiency of Pediatric residents and fellows in performing neonatal intubation.
- Author of studies presented as poster at PAS/ASPR, Vancouver, 2014 1. PICC v/s umbilical line a randomized controlled trial. 2. Knowledge and attitude of the nursing staff working at cardiac centre of SKH, Karamsad on neonatal pain.
- Part of studies presented as poster at PAS/ASPR, Vancouver, 2014. 1. Perceptions and practices of EMBRACE amongst the practicing pediatricians of Gujarat. 2. Missed opportunities for neonatal pain prevention at a tertiary level NICU.
- INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, NATIONAL NEONATOLOGY FORUM, INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION.
AREA OF INTEREST
- Intensive Care – Pediatric and Neonatal
- Post surgical care in children
- Total Parenteral Nutrition